Chinese food has been around for centuries. It’s basically everyone’s favorite cuisine or “go to” meals all around the world. In Sri Lanka, we find a more authentic version of Chinese food- because it has been around here for long, it is now modified to taste a bit” Sri Lankan”.
Can we blame anyone?
No. no we cannot. Do we enjoy this? Yes. Yes, we do.
The taste of Chinese rice and its other meaty dishes, makes our stomachs churn in hunger. (Though is some cases it may not. But it doesn’t matter!)
There are many reviews of the best places you can grab Chinese food in Colombo. So what is the best place to grab Chinese rice? We sampled a few Chinese fried rice – and its glorious long grains made us burp with indigestion, along with unwanted some calories. (Come on man, I am seriously on a calorie counter here!!)
This awkward looking restaurant literally offers the best Chinese rice in Colombo right now. You don’t even have to look at the menu for long because the waiter there tells you what’s good. We also suggest you take an indigestion tablet before meals because you will overeat and have a serious case of heart burn.
The ambiance is not something you can really miss at Tang Dynasty. It’s decorated so beautifully that we forgot about our heartburns after stuffing our faces. They have a few of the best Chinese dishes in Town, and we suggest you try the meatless dishes to avoid feeling stuffy.
It’s a bit off Colombo- but still, serves a pretty decent Chinese rice. You will need to call in for reservations because it’s often pretty booked up. From vegetarian rice to succulent meaty Chinese long grains- they have it all.
If you are not in the mood to go out, or maybe you just want to Netflix and chill at home, then we have a quick Chinese rice recipe you can try out.
QUICK CHINESE RICE
- Boil Rice
- Salt 1 tsp
- Vinegar 1 tsp
- Rice 1 & ½ cup
- Oil 2 tbs
- Egg 1
- Garlic 1 tbs
- Spring onion chopped ½ cup
- Carrot grated 1 cup
- Cabbage chopped ½ cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Soya sauce 1 tsp
- Vinegar 1 tsp
- Water ¼ cup
- Soak rice in water for two hours.
- Boil water and add salt, vinegar to it. Add it to the boiling water. Add oil in it and give it a boil. Drain water and set aside.
- Take another pan and add 1 tbs oil to it, crack an egg and stir it quickly to make it in threads. Take out egg set aside.
- Add 1 tbs of oil and add garlic to it.
- Then add spring onion (white part) and carrot and mix well. Next add cabbage, spring onion, salt, black pepper, soya sauce and vinegar.
- Cook for 2 mins and then add the rice and fried egg and mix. Add ¼ cup water and keep it on low flame for 5 mins.
Recipe & Video – Food Fusion
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!