The long awaited nerd fest finally happened this weekend at the JDA Perera Gallery and boy was everyone overjoyed. And by everyone, we mean – nerds. Not that it’s a bad thing. We all have a little “ nerd” in us anyway right? (You don’t have to answer that)
Day one was full of enthusiastic cosplays, games and general nonsense that goes on in crowded places. There were a lot of brilliant cosplays , that I sadly missed ( I blame the kids again, – infected wounds and some other thing popped up, sorry I really wanted to finish season 1 of daredevil because I NEVER GET TO WATCH ANYTHING ,OK?)
Honestly didn’t feel like going in after that. SIGH, but since I pumped the kids up and promised them they can “paint” dinosaurs, we made it to…
DAY 2 OF COMIC CON – things I noticed and loved as a paranoid mother
- There was lots of creativity this time around. With over 175 registered cosplayers, it was really a great effort by those who worked on their costumes. The cosplays were so good, they scared my kids and they wanted to go home.
- There were too many Jokers, Aney. Too Many. But thank you for the shirtless displays. Thank you.
- There were amazing artwork and toys for grown men and women available. We like that. A LOT.
- The cosplayers were child friendly and super sweet! aww!
Some tips for the organizers of Lanka Comic Con for the next event (as a mother of course);
- The location was not an ideal choice. It has 3 floors and it somehow seemed disconnected to each other. And also – TRY CARRYING a 13KG 2-year-old+ a bag with their random toys+ handbag up those stairs. I dare you, Batman. I DARE YOU.
- He looks so good until he took off his mask. Sorry bae
- They needed more kids’ activities, though. A superhero themed bouncy castle would have been GREAT and some face painting stuff. KIDS love those things.
Overall, it was good entertainment and I am so happy that many can benefit from the unity of the event. It takes a while to build this up and thumbs up to the Geek Club of Sri Lanka, the organizers (but please consider the bouncy castle next time, so we can leave our kids there with a baby sitter and google enjoy the cosplays that everyone worked so hard on).